Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› What you would love to see

Autor Mitteilung
Henry
verfasst am: 13.04.2005, 17:38
Hi,

great remake (if that does not fall short of what X-Force is) from what I was able to see so far [I got crash problems]!

What I would love to see:

- Essentially a mix of UFO and TFTD. I would like to be able to have both; land and water missions but more than in TFTD which had that in a very (too) limited way.

- All research should yield something. "Alien Surgery" or "Implants" etc. should really yield something X-Force can make use of.

- Some more weapons (you did that, but frankly you have too many; why more than 3 types of pistols or rifles - just confuses me).

- No need for an included Interceptor game (that was crap anyway and destroyed the mood of a tactical game).

- Good graphics. You are already doing great there!

Kind regards,
Henry
Hendrik
verfasst am: 15.04.2005, 10:18
Hi,

here is another thing which I think is a "don't":

1. PLEASE NO ENDLESS SEARCH FOR THE ELUSIVE LAST ALIEN

With TFTD (Ufo was great in that regard) some missions became "search the last alien for hours on end"-missions because after you had killd most, ususally but one, the last alien stood somewhere in a dark corner of a huge ship of, worse a ship (passenger liner or transport ship attack) or as bad a multi-tired alien base. Problem was that this last alien often did not move because of failed morale checks and thus was hard to find with the scanner.

I do not know how you currently plan it to be, but I would prefer to missions where I have to deploy tactically sound and not have to search for the last elusive and afraid alien.

2. SOLUTION: CLEAN-UP BUTTON

What about a clean-up button?

Idea:
When you have killed 90% of all aliens, you may hit that clean-up button and your troops then automatically sweep the area SWAT-like in groups of 2-4 (you could als let the player decide on formation, aggressiveness/thoroughness/stealth-degree and group-size) and as soon as your men encounter the bad alien-"guy" you go back to the tactical screen.

3. GOOD THING: MAYBE HAVE AUTOMATIC FORMATIONS

I fnd it a very good idea that you want to work around (did as I see from the website) having to equip every soldier for every single mission again and again.

What about allowing for a "formation" button (as in, e.g. Icewind Dale), so that your soldiers or task-groups thereof can be quickly deployed in a given situation?

Best,
Hendrik
verfasst am: 18.04.2005, 10:14
Registrierdatum: 18.04.2005, 09:53

I have also another suggestion:

1. more powerfull UFO's, but they will appear more later...

2. ability to fight against UFO with several figters together in Automatic combat (it alows suggestion 1).

3. research of more figters, or ability to upgrade them

4. maximum level of upgrade higher

5. more types of extension (only extension I found is a senzor a and there are more places). Eventualy there can be placed more shields...

6. Automatic combat can be more faster

7. new in-fight weapon, elektroshocker isn't efektive against stronger alies

8. even newest armor isn't very strong

9. alphatrons can be tradable (I'm not able to use them all)
verfasst am: 18.04.2005, 14:15
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

1. 3. 7. 8. depending on gameset
5. coming. hopefully next version
9. more technicians ;)
verfasst am: 21.04.2005, 11:04

teleportation should stay in the next version, but:

1) Cannot be allowed during fire, or it should consume time units and the unit can be atacked during teleportation process (as if the unit is firing)

2) Consumes ship fuel and if there wasn't enught fuel to return, it will not be allowed

3) Thereticaly, the enemy unit can be also teleported... (and destroyed during the process, but it destroy also the weapons)

And one question:
If the ship is able to detect number of the aliens and have powerfull sensor, it can detect also the position of the aliens...
verfasst am: 21.04.2005, 13:58
Registrierdatum: 19.04.2005, 19:57

Here are a few of my proposals I numbers my recommendations n1 to n8 to not conflict with the other posts

n1. Multi Layer: Did I understand correctly (from the German forums) it is not possible and never will be possible to have multiple layers in x-force? Personally I think this would be great if we can do this in the future. Not necessary the next release.

n2. I already complained about this but if point 1 is not possible can we at least expand the size of the maps?

n3. Right now the ufo’s are tracked all over the world, even if you have only one base with limited scanning capacities. Sometimes you don’t want or can’t intercept an UFO. Doesn’t it make sense that tracking of ufo’s is lost as they land and move too far away?

n4. Same counts for crash sites. Doesn’t it make sense that if an alien ship crashes survivors would be picked up (within a day?) by another UFO and you loose the opportunity of attacking them? Or you can attack the rescue ship.

n5. I also think that at the start of the game there are way to many ufo’s. I actually ran into major trouble when I ran out of storage because I had collected too many alien rifles that where not researched yet. This meant I could not sell them. Maybe you can add trashcan to dispose or the useless stuff like half-empty clips of ammo types you no longer need. Or limit the amount of not researched stuff you want in your stock.

n6. On the other hand I did something else and let the time slide without attacking. A single crashed ship. I was very surprised to see that the observation ships I had shot down now contained the most powerful aliens.

n7. If scanning range is limited it should also be possible to send out a ship to a specific location to go monitor alien activity.

n8. I have the feeling that aliens don’t have fixed bases yet. In UFO you could by means of monitoring enemy ships routes determine where an alien base was hidden and send your ships to that point. After a while the ship would locate an enemy base and you’d be able to attack it. Attacking bases gave you more items and research but is exremly dificult.
verfasst am: 21.04.2005, 18:32
Programmierer, allgemeines

Registrierdatum: 06.06.2004, 17:19

n1: I'm nearly sure that their wil nothing like that for at least version 1.0. Perhaps if the game becomes more popular someone out there will do it (but I don't think so).

n2: The size of the maps is increasing with the number of aliens. Besiede this fact, in version 0.900 it will be a little bit harder, because the scanners can't scan through walls anymore.

n3: I will think about it in my concept for aircombat.

n4: This will be possible with scripts in the next version. I don't think that it is necessary to make a strict rule out of it.

n5: Problem is, that their is no possibility to beware random UFOs. Hopefully this will be fixed in v0.900. Perhaps I than will change the standart-gameset.

n7: This is definitly possible in the next release.

PS: I hope you are able to understand my poor english.
pinnella
verfasst am: 21.04.2005, 19:29
First of all, the project it's great ! I enjoy very much playing the demo.

Suggestion:

It would be interesting that X-FORCE include some kind of Alien abduction.

I imagine something like this:

- Include Base radar recognition of EBE’s (Extraterrestrial Biological Entities). The EBE’s are entities actively collecting specimens and conducting experiments to determine if this planet is suitable for their use, to infiltrate or invade our planet.
- Add playable missions in this EBE’s scenarios.
- The abduction may be performed in any regular mission when a UFO is crashed land. Include not only alien soldiers but some alien mechanics or engineers who repairs de UFO damage (obviously with time units cost) and the corresponding tools. When the UFO is totally repaired then if the navigators are still alive, the UFO can escape and return to their EBE with the XCOM soldiers inside the spaceship. After this, a rescue mission is carried out.

Tks for your comments and sorry for my english.

Pablo Innella.
XCOM adicts.
Uruguay. Latin America.
virus)of)lex
verfasst am: 12.06.2005, 13:07
Hi!
it'll be great to see more types of maps in tactical mode. Even u intercept alienship in desert tactical mission is going in the city :) i hope it's only the demo ;)
verfasst am: 12.06.2005, 20:46

Hi,
I have one question:
Will be building of the buildings/ships stopable(they will consume only small amount of money/day)
and can be money storable for this? I mean, that I could store the money for ëach building/ship for few days ahead? This can be usefull, if I dont know, how much money I will have.
verfasst am: 14.06.2005, 19:25
Übersetzer (spain)

Registrierdatum: 20.02.2004, 12:40

Hi, I have some ideas too:

1- Aircraft combat will be like Masters Of Orion 2

2- Tactical combat must be civilians to rescue like UFO

3- What happend if the game have others companies like X-force that fight with UFOs too?, only the best must survive, and the worst company will be "absorved" by Aliens to fight against us. It will generate a competence, wars and alliances.

4- I´d like too see real weapons and vehicles, Where is BMRs or littles tanks? (and aliens vehicles too)

5- With alien technology we could add implants to our soldiers, It,s like the old game "Syndicate".

6- Aliens are the invaders but allways run, why aliens never attack my soldiers?

Thanks
verfasst am: 31.07.2005, 21:13
Registrierdatum: 31.07.2005, 20:41

Hi there, I just played your game for a little while, but I do have some opinions for it to make it even better, GREAT remake by the way.

1. That interceptor mini game is waaaay too arcady, maybe it could be changed to tactical (like in Master of Orion 2) or even to a space combat simulator.

2. I might haven't figured it how to do it, but shouldn't all soldiers e able to crouch, lay prone and run? (like in Jagged Alliance 2, UFO: Apocalypse, UFO: Aftermath).
3. As far as I have seen all rifles/sub machineguns/fusion pistols have the same gun sound and animation, I think they should all be different.
4. I also think that it would be very cool to be able to see changes in the soldiers when you wear different kinds of armor, weapons or equipment (like in all UFO games).

mhhh well I thinks that's all for now, keep up the good work and cheers from Mexico
verfasst am: 01.08.2005, 13:58
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

1. There is a great discussion on how to make it the best. In german, of course. Sorry ;) Even MOO2 was named *g* It is thought to be the best if it is like in UFO. The arcade will be killed by time :D

2. not all of this but some things will be in the future

3. should be. But this is not a primary feature. As time goes by, there will be more sounds.

All this is more or less planned.

4. Too much work. Other things are more important. This would mean new animations for every combination - something like this. I´m no programmer. MUCH work for a small detail.
verfasst am: 08.07.2022, 18:18
Registrierdatum: 29.10.2021, 14:57

Great! didnt know about this before, I had doubts but thanks for clarifying. https://metalbuildingstylertx.com
verfasst am: 08.07.2022, 18:19
Registrierdatum: 29.10.2021, 14:57

So excited to see everything in person.. what a great place! https://metalbuildingsbatonrouge.com
verfasst am: 18.07.2022, 11:34
Registrierdatum: 18.07.2022, 09:57

It is critical to have high-quality content in terms of attracting people to come see the website, and that is exactly what this website provides. My site: 바카라 배팅하기
verfasst am: 23.11.2023, 00:50
Registrierdatum: 22.11.2023, 07:10

микр168.1примThesRuhaArdeПетеWindEminПухоOZONCubaкульTescEmilMeloEsthГолд5064ВернклейТитоDeko
RoseTescиллюÐариСодеЛогиИллюGuilÑоÑÑ‚GeorKeviредаDiamПерворнаКузнЕмцеТуреКурыÐегуstatдрузArth
ThomLifeLineпобеWernБолоBookClifоборJoseОÑыкЦипоИерумолнCircRoxySerg(ГеоTensInvaКачеÑертSieL
ChanDaniPaliNikiоÑноOsirErnsZoneMadoкартZoneZoneSelaГицеиÑкупришЛевихозÑГладEricReviZoneФоми
LamaZoneСульСагаСкобZoneZoneБ910Zone02-1ÐТраZoneZoneZoneZoneменÑZoneZoneСодеZoneзакаZonediam
ZoneприÑÑоÑтмеÑÑподаMerrSamsBoscMoviMajoKickRambFER0ChicPSN-MearMistÑборSTAR<
verfasst am: 02.12.2023, 15:55
Registrierdatum: 22.11.2023, 07:10

ÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайт
ÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайт
ÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайтÑайт

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.017 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003