Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› Bugs reports

Seite: 1 [2] [3] [4] >>

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 23.08.2006, 23:07
Registrierdatum: 23.08.2006, 16:56

in my testversion 0.910 alpha4 patents rights not working (writing missing in booth - in invedted techs and bookmark(right to weekly balance).
verfasst am: 24.08.2006, 12:49
Registrierdatum: 05.05.2006, 20:33

you can post bugs and suggestions in the Bugtracker.
verfasst am: 24.08.2006, 20:31

I known this, but due to my problems with browser (BTW inslaled last avaivable version) I unable to add bug (technicaly yes, but it will be very hard and all sind in Deutsch :-))) )
verfasst am: 24.08.2006, 22:34 · Edited by: Cheater

:/
Ok, so ask someone to add it.
verfasst am: 25.08.2006, 21:01

You ? I speak very bad German. And english bug forum IMHO will be good.
verfasst am: 26.08.2006, 11:14

=/
What exactly is the problem?
verfasst am: 27.08.2006, 00:01

I not reciving money for patent fees and instead of displaying exact numbers of fees, displying text - MISSING - and techs names are correctly displayed.

And discovered another bug - if you continue game from old version (0.902/3)in last aplha, you get displayed very big ranges in accuracy in second range (over 1000m in nearly all weapons).
verfasst am: 27.08.2006, 15:43
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

There have been many changes between the .903 and the .910Alpha4 - the old gamesets are all out of balance if you start them in .910 because of the now implemented damage ranges (didn't exist before) and many other things.

Do NOT start a .903-Gameset in the .910 unless you changed it with the editor - you need higher weapon ranges at least, and a lot of the old scripts do no longer work because several script commands have been changed.
verfasst am: 28.08.2006, 00:25

Bug was caused by simply thing - I want delete savegame from start menu, but by mistake I delete whole profile (and all saves), then I dont want start new game, I simply copy saved game from old 0.903 to 0.910. Adding confriming to delete save game will be needed (and big "punch to head" if you trying to delete profile.
And problem with patent fees - started game in 0.910 alpha4 - getting money is okey (not reciving money only first week after researching, in another I getting little money) . Missing is only wieving moneys for cetrains techs (with text missing).
verfasst am: 29.08.2006, 03:34
Registrierdatum: 03.05.2006, 10:07

The text missing is probably due to the language set not having all the new values.

I vaguely remember I had this problem, and managed to correct a few the problems by comparing the original german file, and adding/translating the new values. Before my PC bit the dust, i was in the process of completely translating the german language set from scratch. Was probably only 10% of the way through.
verfasst am: 29.08.2006, 23:12

Hmmm, mayby I dont playing in German version, only English.
verfasst am: 28.09.2006, 00:02

and here is minor - if I move game to another directory, online updater is unable to find new updates/instaled updates (yes, reinstaling is working, but not best way).
verfasst am: 28.09.2006, 21:14
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Zitat: czert
if I move game to another directory, online updater is unable to find new updates/instaled updates (yes, reinstaling is working, but not best way).

Oh, that is a major error - but not on the side of XForce...

NO Windows program should EVER be moved by the user.

Some programs are selfregistering and can become operational again after a move by adding the now missing information to the registry. However they can't remove all of the old information without causing other problems.
Which means that each move of such a program grows the registry with another block of garbage. Do that often enough and your windows becomes instable.

Some programs do not use the registry and can work from any directory. However this can create other problems and should therefore be used only for self-dependend small programs which do not use any windows resources.

So do yourself a favor and do not move programs that way - deinstalling and reinstalling is the only way to keep windows stable in the long run.
Many people talk about the instability of windows - but I've worked with PCs for a long time and always the instablity was caused by something the user or his wannabe-expert-friends did. If you know what you're doing it is almost impossible to destabilise windows - believe me, once I've tried that for months and didn't succeed.

OK, sometimes it's not appearant to the user that his new plan is going to bring troubles - for instance it is absolutely impossible that an automatic registry cleaner and windows optimizer does it job correctly. Unfortunately even the tests in the magazines ignore a few facts to produce better results. Only one time I've seen a test of registry cleaners made by people who knew what to look for. Of 15 tested programs (including every one of the big company programs) only two got a "barely adequate".
The other 13 were much worser in their results...
verfasst am: 28.09.2006, 21:40

I using programs to remove unused registy keys (not genuine windows) and this keep windows in good condicion.
And can I have question for name of the two "best" programs ?
verfasst am: 28.09.2006, 22:05 · Edited by: DirkF
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

No, I don't have the test anymore.
And the problem is that those programs who remove "unused" keys simply don't know every key, and therefore they have to guess if an unknown key is really unused or belongs to a program they can't identify.

If they go to the safe side and keep any unidentified keys they don't do their job.
If they remove supposedly unused keys and that key was still neccessary, who knows what the program that needed the key does on the next use?
And if you stick to known programs you don't need those utilities because only the big programs are known to them (or did you get a 7-DVD-Database with weekly CD-Updates to cover every programm new in that week, including OS and small internet-only company programs?) and those big programs are usually good enough with their deinstallers not to leave too many unused keys in the system...

And I don't think that XForce will be known to the producers of those Utilities so any try with them while moving XForce is almost guaranteed to make things worser ;-)
verfasst am: 31.08.2007, 16:23

I found bug in last 9.10 final - in boot gamesets - original x-force and GW.
IN X-force - it is funny, dont matter which difficulty i choice, enemy ufos newer arive (running THIRD week without any ufo sigtings, and covered cca 1/3 of earth surface with radar coverage.
GW - nice gameset, but sldiers after fighting few missions get in psi offence/deffence very strange numbers - minus 92...... - big number, and in soldier info it display NAN. NOt sure if is certain-alien mission oriented or generaly training.
verfasst am: 31.08.2007, 17:06
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

IN X-force - it is funny, dont matter which difficulty i choice, enemy ufos newer arive (running THIRD week without any ufo sigtings, and covered cca 1/3 of earth surface with radar coverage.

Already solved by Update a few days ago, see comment below download button on main page.
ATTENTION: If displayed DO NOT LOAD "Saruns Mappack" from the updater - that is an old and incompatible map from 0.900 that was wrongly added to the 0.910 updates, it will be removed shortly.
GW - nice gameset, but sldiers after fighting few missions get in psi offence/deffence very strange numbers - minus 92...... - big number, and in soldier info it display NAN. NOt sure if is certain-alien mission oriented or generaly training.

Soldiers can't be changed by Gameset, there's a problem in the game itself.
Could you send us a save with those damaged numbers?
However if it doesn't pose a problem we might not correct that since the soldiers will be changed in one of the next versions...
verfasst am: 31.08.2007, 20:39
Registrierdatum: 31.08.2007, 20:28

the NAN/big numbers will reset to 0 if you reload the save game. (well.. haven't gone to the part of the game where it's > 0 anyway.. so can't tell if it reset to proper number or just reset to 0)

there's a different problem though.. might be related to multiple bases and the auto equip. namely.. soldiers in a base with no equipment auto equip themselves... probably from a different base. it also messes up the inventory in bases with items showing up on the soldier equip screen that doesn't appear anywhere else (including lab!)... can screw up research when the item you had before just "disappears"

any idea why soldiers have 2 different skins?
- (a) combat fatigues/sensor/mobile phone thing on hand
- (b) armor
despite having identical equipment?

-- regarding galwar gameset and tech branching.... are there meant to be only 2 branches (organic/satellites) when you are 1st asked... or are there more depending on which items you've researched?

-- I take it transfer of workers/scientists are impossible right now? (aside from fire/rehire)
verfasst am: 31.08.2007, 20:55
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Zitat: win98user
there's a different problem though.. might be related to multiple bases and the auto equip. namely.. soldiers in a base with no equipment auto equip themselves... probably from a different base. it also messes up the inventory in bases with items showing up on the soldier equip screen that doesn't appear anywhere else (including lab!)... can screw up research when the item you had before just "disappears"

That isn't supposed to happen. However until we can correct this mistake it's probably better to concentrate all soldiers on one base (there isn't a base assault yet so you don't need soldiers for base defense)

any idea why soldiers have 2 different skins?
- (a) combat fatigues/sensor/mobile phone thing on hand
- (b) armor
despite having identical equipment?

it's normal, the skins are randomly assigned. That will be changed when the soldiers are changed to the planned new modelkonzept (probably in 920).

-- regarding galwar gameset and tech branching.... are there meant to be only 2 branches (organic/satellites) when you are 1st asked... or are there more depending on which items you've researched?

The number of technologies depend on the number of races you fight against. If you fight against less than all four races the technologies are dependent on the randomly choosen races.
The other weapons are only avaible for research because we can't assign equipment to specific aliens. That assignment ability for gamesets will be implemented in the 0.915 if everything works out as planned.
I take it transfer of workers/scientists are impossible right now? (aside from fire/rehire)

unfortunately you're correct
verfasst am: 31.08.2007, 21:09
Registrierdatum: 31.08.2007, 20:28

makes sense. only reason I split them into 2 bases... is to shift solders faster to crash sites (1 base in N hemisphere, 1 in S) guess I'll stick to 1 base and see what happens... on the other hand.. do crash sites disappear? if they don't.. I won't even bother splitting.

as for the tech branching thing in Gal War gameset.. eh.. if I am given the choice of 2 tech, I picked one.. and then encounter more races... what happens? Stuck along the path? alternatively.. if I simply don't decide there and then and wait until another race pops up (assuming it does... no idea) will it be added to the list?

thanks btw.

Seite: 1 [2] [3] [4] >>

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.011 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003