Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: keiner ausser dir

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› Suggestions

Seite: << [1] 2 [3] [4] >>

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 09.09.2006, 17:30
Registrierdatum: 23.08.2006, 16:56

26. - Hmmm, lowering number of soldiers can work, but is not ideal - if I have 2(3) missions (relative close to each other) and only one transport plane - and number of aliens very different (e.q in firts 5 in second 10 and in third 25) it will be time and fuel(money) consuming to complete mission - fly to base - add/remove soldiers and complete second mission... mayby rework map generator to count only numbers of aliens ? And I realy hate big maps - chasing 25 aliens in 20 buildings is not funny.
Questions to land combat - will be here a) more levels to buildings ? (second, third.. etc floor)
b) windows ?

27. Yes, I known reasons for disabling normal beaming, but I thing my suggestion dont allow cheating - yoz can only transports 1 person per round and if combined to only full time units soldier can be beamed to ship and beamed soldier from ship lose all TU - then I thing - NO cheating will be posible, and idea of exit points is nice, but is not ideal in certain cases (exit point is to far away and evacuated soldier must cros alien fire).
verfasst am: 09.09.2006, 17:40
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

Zitat: czert
(exit point is to far away and evacuated soldier must cros alien fire).

That's the way of war. Bad strategy. ;)
Bad playing needs a punishment, so this is perfect in my opinion.
verfasst am: 09.09.2006, 18:00 · Edited by: DirkF
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

Questions to land combat - will be here a) more levels to buildings ? (second, third.. etc floor)

I'm pretty sure that there won't be multilevel maps ever. Originally that was a question of the graphics engine not capable of such a thing, but in the meantime I had to look at it from the viewpoint of the alien AI - and that's a no-go.
Skripting an AI for multilevel maps is much more complicated than an AI for a single level map and we don't have enough programmer avaible to change the grafics, the game engine AND program a halfway decent AI to make that possible.
b) windows ?

Make one - the game engine has supported windows for a long time and several of the modders already made maps and tilesets including windows - those just haven't been added to the official maps.
verfasst am: 26.11.2006, 23:07
Registrierdatum: 26.11.2006, 22:41

New player, great game. Suggestion:

I.) If I have LOS, I have a ballistic trajectory. It works for the Aliens, it should work for me. (Or is the game just calculating in right-handed vs. left-handed shooters and corners?)

II.) Grenade launchers and machineguns.

III.) Realistic weapon ranges. C'mon, 15 meters for an assault rifle? Did everyone develop really bad eyesight in the 21st century or something? ;) The player should have to be concerned about rounds downrange.

IV.) Maps other than cities, please? Some trees would be nice, some wide open spaces too. If you can see the enemy at a long range, battles could turn into engagements of maneuver instead of primarily engagements of firepower.

V.) Base placement done on the globe view, not the tiny tiny little map.

Even though it's not as flashy as some of the other games like it, this one is deeper and has stolen my free time for the past week. Good work. :)
verfasst am: 26.11.2006, 23:27
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

here's a few answers

I) weapons work for aliens and soldiers exactly identical. The only difference is that when the LOS passes to close to a wall the target is labeled "out of sight" for normal fire. But it can be fired on by using the override (either ctrl or alt or shift, don't have time to check).
You could say that the aliens always use this...

II and III) Data for all equipment is part of the gameset, not of the program. You could make a gameset on your own with the weapons and ranges you like - at the moment there are 4 gamesets (mostly german and not yet translated) in develpoment for the 0.910, but as far as I know none of them goes to realistic weapons data.
There was some planning for such a gameset a while ago, but I haven't seen anything from them lately.

V) maybe - but the question is if this would really be better. You can make a more exact positioning, but you have to rotate the globe to get to every point.

Zitat: Irinami
Even though it's not as flashy as some of the other games like it, this one is deeper and has stolen my free time for the past week. Good work. :)

And the work continues ;-)
verfasst am: 27.11.2006, 18:58
Spielsatz Darkage

V) maybe - but the question is if this would really be better. You can make a more exact positioning, but you have to rotate the globe to get to every point.
As I wrote somewhere else, it would be better if it is on bigger map.
verfasst am: 28.11.2006, 05:14
Programmierer, allgemeines

Registrierdatum: 06.06.2004, 17:19

V) the minimap was necessary, because Jim wasen't able to transform the mouseposition into a globeposition.
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 11:55
Registrierdatum: 23.12.2006, 11:40

Hi. The strategical part is great - like a good old UFO with some intersting ideas. As for tactical... hm... Maybe you should take this part from UFO:AI - this project has an open source. Their tactical part is quite nice (based on Quake engine). But they have problems with strategical one (flat map, limited quantity of scientists and workers, no base statistics, etc.) If to do so - it will be a superb game!
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 12:03
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Sorry - can't do.
It was discussed a while ago and the problem is that not only the other possible engines are not delphi like XForce, but also that rewriting the game data which needs to be transferred between the engines is a lot of work, almost as much as improving our engine ourselves (but not to 3D).
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 13:10
Registrierdatum: 23.12.2006, 11:40

Understood. Good Luck! The beginning is impressive :)
verfasst am: 24.02.2007, 04:57
Registrierdatum: 23.12.2006, 16:56

29. make it an rts instead (i hate TBG)
30. FPS mode
31. Civillians
32. Alien infiltraation (aliens get inside the base and everyone inside will try to fight off the aliens)
verfasst am: 24.02.2007, 07:13
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

29 - no, it will stay TBG. Earlier versions had a player choice between rts and tbg, but it became impossible to maintain both as the game became more complex.
Besides - there are others who hate rts and we can't please everyone...
30: If that means First-Person-Shooter: no, can't do. If you're interested there are other projects on the net who did this...
31/32: Planned for a long time but we can't do everything at once...
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 15:01
Registrierdatum: 06.04.2007, 14:46

Love X-Force, and here are my suggestions:

1) love the idea about pilots! Pilots could assigned to specific craft, trained, and improve with combat. Reflexes for adding a percentage to defense and attack? ALSO - smarter pilots could attempt to flee (even in auto combat) when their craft is severely damaged.

2) Grenades... X-Force is better than XCOM was about grenades.. but it is still really dumb to watch one of your soldiers toss a grenade into an open doorway, only to have it bounce back and wipe out your squad. It should be easy for troops to toss grenades into windows and doorways. Please fix this.

3) Grenades part 2: smoke grenades (to block alien LOS), stun grenades (Flashbang, or PSI) to capture aliens.

Thats it for now... thanks for a great game!
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 15:14

More suggestions:

1) If you shoot an alien in the head you should do double damage (if the weapon penetrates the alien armor/skin). Some aliens (Teuteris) might not be affected - but most would.

2) Missiles for crafts. Most modern jet fighters carry sophisticated missiles that are either laser guided or heat seeking. A missile is a single fire weapon - but extremely accurate and deadly.

3) Bombs for crafts. If an alien ship crashes - it would be fun to bomb it first and then send in the troops -- especially those ships that have over 15 aliens in them!

haha!
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 15:59
Spielsatz Alliances

Registrierdatum: 14.07.2004, 14:47

Zitat: WolfLeader
1) If you shoot an alien in the head you should do double damage (if the weapon penetrates the alien armor/skin). Some aliens (Teuteris) might not be affected - but most would.
Already possible ;)
2) Missiles for crafts. Most modern jet fighters carry sophisticated missiles that are either laser guided or heat seeking. A missile is a single fire weapon - but extremely accurate and deadly.
If you want your rockets like that, use gameset editor or ask someone to do that ;)
3) Bombs for crafts. If an alien ship crashes - it would be fun to bomb it first and then send in the troops -- especially those ships that have over 15 aliens in them!

It would be too hard to balance this feature, sorry.
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 17:44
Registrierdatum: 03.10.2006, 10:10

And why would you bomb the Aliens. As of now, each Alien gets you more cash and equipment to sell/scrap. Not to mention the experience for your soldiers.
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 18:25 · Edited by: LennStar
Spielsatz Darkage

a)1) Pilots: Talked about and seen as to complex. There will be a better airfight, but no pilots.

2) Grenades: A Window or hole is - for the map - a wall. It only looks different ;) In a earlier version even fences stopped grenades. question: Why are there no fences? :D

3) lets say possible future.
verfasst am: 06.04.2007, 23:54
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

1) Pilots won't be included because the complexity they add is more than the advantage in realism. Especially if it comes to game balancing.

2) Grenades: There are a lot of changes planned for the ground combat. Some of them might allow for grenades to be tossed through windows, but that depends on the exect change in the code. As Lennstar said the problem is that the function to throw an object has problems to detect that windows exist in a wall. As of now I don't know the code well enough to say if that's easy to change or if that would create other problems.

To create smoke grenades would require a major reprogram of the ground combat engine. Such a change is planned and we might include something as smoke areas (or burning, or others) in 0.940 or 0.950 - but not before.

Capturing aliens requires new attributes for units, so that can only be added when we change the way soldiers and aliens are handled. Again, such a change will come but not in the next versione - perhaps 0.960 or 0.970...

3) Bombs on Crashsites: To make this possible you need only two more functions in scripting and you could program such a thing.
However this can create problems with gameset balancing, and because of this it will always remain as something that could only be done by scripting - that is the easiest way to give the gameset creator the final decision of how he handles that.

4) Targeted shoots have been possible for a long time - but you need an aimed shot with a weapon. Switch the weapon to aimed shots and you can choose to fire at legs, body or head of the alien.
verfasst am: 09.04.2007, 21:50

Aimed shots are great, but what about more damage if your aimed shot to the Alien's head hits?

:-)
verfasst am: 09.04.2007, 21:58
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

It should already give a greater Damage if the shot to the head hits...
That was included when I referred to the aimed shots, it wouldn't make sense to give such a great to-hit-penalty without reward.

Seite: << [1] 2 [3] [4] >>

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.008 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003