Banner left   Banner center   Banner right

Germanenglish Home · News · Diary · Screenshots · Documentation (Wiki) · Downloads · Guestbook · Forum

Home · Benutzer registrieren · Suchen · Statistik · FAQ · Benutzerliste

Zur Zeit online: kein Gast, xanbank

X-Force - Fight For Destiny - Forum —› English - general discussions —› Underwater Missions ?

Seite: 1 [2] [3] >>

Autor Mitteilung
verfasst am: 20.06.2006, 20:10
Registrierdatum: 17.06.2006, 23:52

Are there any plans to have underwater missions like TFTD,
sorry if this has been brought up before but i could not see anything in this section about this.
so many of the UFO's are shot down over the ocean it would be nice to send your soldiers underwater and into the alien craft.(maybe you would need to buy a salvage ship to recover the craft).
verfasst am: 20.06.2006, 20:43
Registrierdatum: 12.06.2005, 11:08

you are the first with this idea... sounds good, but i don't know how possible it is

i know i'm not really good in english
verfasst am: 20.06.2006, 21:02
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Registrierdatum: 31.08.2005, 21:51

not exactly - he is only the first to voice it.
I've been thinking of using underwater missions for quite some time, but since that would need new graphics as well as spezial options and commands in the mapscript I decided to wait until the mapscript is improved and then test what's neccessary to make such a mission.
verfasst am: 20.06.2006, 23:34 · Edited by: Canute
Registrierdatum: 08.08.2005, 02:29

you will need new equipment too. Most of the normal weapons,armour dont work or handikap you more then it helps.

All standard projektil weapons with high velocity shells wont work under water. the shell will crumble into pieces shortly after it left the weapon. low velocity works better unter water. Check it out at the Mythbusters.
Ok there are research for ultra high velocity shells underwater to replace torpedos.

Laser won't work underwater well too, water dispearse the beam too much, Plasma, hmm does a candle burns underwater ? :-)

You will need new armours with lifesupport and full-body protection to cover the pressure. New vessels, because you only have aircrafts so far not spacecrafts.

Basicly i think forget it. Even when the UFOs are spacecrafts after the fight they are realy bad damaged when they crash down. And even when the Aliens use Spacesuits, they arn't build to cover the pressures from the deep.
When the Aliens manage it to escape from the Wreck, you can say the water wasn't that deep and they should be close to the coast. So you can say they are at land.
verfasst am: 20.06.2006, 23:52

Well this is a remake of both enemy unknown and terror from the deep so it would be nice to have underwater missions.

I,am sure that the more weapon's,armor and crafts and even skills available would be welcome by most players.
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 16:23
Registrierdatum: 15.06.2006, 19:52

I don't think so, because the new Equipment would have to be researched first and if an UFO is shot over water before the player researches the equipment he would have a big problem!
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 16:49

Zitat: Canute
Plasma, hmm does a candle burns underwater ? :-)

underwater-Plasma weapons are not a big Problem, because the Plasma cuts through the Water like throuhg Air, Plasma is so hot, that it vaporizes all water in direct Contact.
please forgive me my bad english^^
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 18:15
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Zitat: Jens Evering
Plasma is so hot, that it vaporizes all water in direct Contact.

That would be the problem - the plasma beam creates a much larger shockwave from the very beginning, resulting in a lot of feedback-heat to the soldier using it.

Zitat: Heino91
if an UFO is shot over water before the player researches the equipment he would have a big problem!

That could be solved by scripts - and the problem wouldn't be higher than now, since any UFO shotdown over water is now lost, and with underwater missions he might be able to salvage it at a later time.
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 21:01
Registrierdatum: 14.06.2006, 19:44

Zitat: DirkF
since any UFO shotdown over water is now lost

To solve that, you could say, that ufo's shot over Water are only damaged so far, that they can't fly anymore. And because alien's are so intelligent, they have something inside to make the ufo floating on the water instead of sinking to the ground of sea. :o) The missions should be complete inside the ufo because on the outside is only water.

//In Deutsch
Man könnte ja sagen, dass Ufo's die über Wasser abgeschossen sind nur leicht beschädigt sind, so dass sie nicht in der Lage sind wegzufliegen, jedoch durch eine spezielle Alientechnologie nicht zum Meeresgrund sinken. Die so erhaltenen Mission könnte sich dann komplett innerhalb des Ufos statfinden, da außerhalb ja nur Wasser ist. :o) Das würde zwar nicht die zufriedenstellen die Unterwassermissionen haben wollen, würden aber Balanceprobleme verhindern, wenn man dummerweise seine Ufo's immer über Wasser abschießt. :o)
Is nur son Gedanke der mir grad mal wieder auf die schnelle gekommen ist. *hihi*
//----------------------------------------------------
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 21:24

What is with the possibility of a extrem fast evolution? An alien crashes down in a ocean and evolve to an aquatic Lifeform?
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 22:08 · Edited by: firewing

As there will be multiplayer(hopefully) in the future, then maybe the aliens should also have a chance to rescue/salvage there shot down ships.
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 22:34
Admin, Spielsatz GalWar

Zitat: firewing
As there will be multiplayer(hopefully) in the future

Don't put your hopes high - multiplayer has been discussed before and the main problem isn't even the enormous work neccessary to make a multiplayer network functional, but the simple fact that the entire XCOM/XForce-Concept doesn't work with multiplayer.

Basically the research options will simply break ANY balance in a multiplayer game - no matter what you do.

If you make a multiplayer XCOM only players against a common threat (automated Aliens) then you'll either have to make the aliens so strong that the players are lost if they don't work together (which defies the usual multiplayer intention) or the player with the first access to alien artefacts will have the better weapons researched first and almost always win
(if neccessary, shoot down the transports of other players - if you're the only one with an operational transport you're way ahead of everyone else when they get replacements constructed).

If you make a multiplayer one XCOM against one Alien, the alien player is usually less interesting due to missing research - the aliens are balanced by time avaibility, not research.

You can make a multiplayer with only the tactical engine (that's what the Team of UFO2000 does), but then you have only preselected scenarios without research, production or such a thing.

As long as no one finds a solution to that problem I don't think that there will be a multiplayer, even if it was thought of - I don't want to deny the possibility that there might one day be a multiplayer variant, but I think it's highly unlikely.
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 23:12

I still think this idea would work in single player mode.
You shoot down an alien ship and then go into ground combat, but while you are there you get a message saying that another alien ship has landed and now the hunter is now the hunted.

This would make for good tactics as the aliens could easily surround you.

To be honest i,m not to bothered about MP its the single player mode which we all got in x-com and this is a re-make so i think most players would be happy to miss out MP.
verfasst am: 21.06.2006, 23:52
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

Zitat: firewing
You shoot down an alien ship and then go into ground combat, but while you are there you get a message saying that another alien ship has landed and now the hunter is now the hunted.

At this time, you can make this at the start of the mission with X-script- get the aliens from 2 UFOs in 1 mission. But inside the mission that would need some work- together with the general work on the missions. ("keys", triggers, civilians and so on is planned. Real terror-missions- I´m looking forward to this ^^)
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 16:59
Registrierdatum: 23.12.2006, 16:56

wait a second plasma is not fire it is the 4th state of matter and its way too hot to extinguish (good for greades because the plama heats the water around it meaning you could kill lots of enemies just using SUPERHEATED water
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 18:12
Registrierdatum: 08.11.2006, 06:23

The Theory of Plasma as 4h matter state is pure theroy.
Even the therory is right, it ist sverel thousands or millions degrees in temperature and would create a extreme strong steam line and cause Water to explode which will make it useless under water, i think.
But under Water there are several other Ammunitions like mini-torpedos, available.
Even a special laser could work, because some Lasers dont work on heat base.

...DX
verfasst am: 23.12.2006, 18:19 · Edited by: Natter
Programmierer, allgemeines

Registrierdatum: 06.06.2004, 17:19

Zitat: bien4500
wait a second plasma is not fire it is the 4th state of matter

You are wrong (but it is often called so).

Zitat: DareliusXurax
The Theory of Plasma as 4h matter state is pure theroy.

You are wrong.
Even the therory is right, it ist sverel thousands or millions degrees in temperature

You are wrong.

For example, the air is a plasma. I would explain more, but my english is a little poor...
verfasst am: 24.12.2006, 06:37
Registrierdatum: 08.11.2006, 06:23

Sorry, i read just something about Plasma, but i think, aphysically work of this art yould take too much time, so we are ftree to declare our own plasma in this game.

the experiemental Plasma in labors were mostly extreme hot in tests so underwater must be funny with it.

Otherwise are underwater weapons totally different from air weapons and a mini-torpedo could have maneuver-accelerators to shoot around corners to hit an Alien everywhere, right?
(Like the Blaster in UFO - Enemy Unknown)

...DX
verfasst am: 24.12.2006, 16:10
Registrierdatum: 08.08.2005, 02:29

Let them have their Plasma ! :-)
Most of the developmer and gameset designer don't crare much about physics or science :-( So long it sounds cool they use it. But its ok, its just a game and i give up a long time ago, to correct them.

Plasma is indeed the 4. state of matter
Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma
And at the same line, the dense of these matter is geting lower and lower.
Plasma is indeed very or ultra Hot, but since plasma has nearly no dense, a pure plasma ball of 1-2m would just collapse at the water, and maybe heat the surounding water by 1 grad celious.
You would need a constant stream of Plasma with alot energy to heat the water around the plasma, but no way you can shoot with that.

Otherwise are underwater weapons totally different from air weapons and a mini-torpedo could have maneuver-accelerators to shoot around corners to hit an Alien everywhere, right?

Yep, small slow (compared to Air projektile) moving projektile are the best at first for underwater fights.
verfasst am: 24.12.2006, 16:58
Spielsatz Darkage

Registrierdatum: 01.03.2005, 13:47

For the sake of us all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_%28physics%29
After that, you maybe not know what plasma is (or know to much), but you will not argue again. At least I hope so ;)

Seite: 1 [2] [3] >>

Du musst dich registrieren um auf dieses Thema zu antworten.
Login :: » Name » Passwort

Ladezeit (sec.): 0.008 · Powered by miniBB 1.6 with parts of 1.7 © 2001-2003